Re: A/C compressor pulley bearings

Adam:

Use a stethoscope or piece of tubing (careful about snagging moving engine parts/accessories & belts) to verify. I can't recall (and you didn't say) what vehicle or engine type; but on my quad cam V-6 a couple of years ago, the grumble was a timing belt idler pulley bearing. You could also pray that the noise is in the air conditioning belt idler pulley bearing as it is an easy cheap fix.

Good Luck,
Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX USA