Re: Value of 3.0 12V

> I wonder how much a 3.0 12V is worth these days? I
> am thinking of
> putting in a 3.0 24V in my car. I will run Autronic.
> That should give
> me about 260 bhp with stock internals, and possibly
> Beninca headers.

The 24V engine screams at high RPM, but is kind of
gutless down low.  I seem to remember a stock 164S
engine having more punch and low end grunt for around
town driving.  The 24V really screams above 4000 rpm,
which is already past the speed limit in 3rd gear from
what I remember. :-)

> The 3.0 12V has good valve guides and seals (done in
> 2000), new main
> and rod bearings, colombo 104.294 cams, SZ headers,
> 37mm intake
> runners. If I include the S-pistons (not installed)
> would $3K be a good
> price? Should be good for 230 bhp (if you run
> Autronic).
>
> Anyways, not sure what the plans are. I could put in
> a 2.0TS with a
> turbo (irresistable with a few TS engines sitting in
> the garage).
> Hmmm.....

Ahem.  Don't get any crazy ideas now... we know where
you live. :-)

Cheers,
Ian
http://webhosting.yahoo.com