Re: Window regulator repair

Message----- Original Message -----
  From: Dale Thomas
  To: 'agiyo'
  Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 3:06 AM
  Subject: RE: Window regulator repair

  Joe,

      How did you fasten the ends once threaded through the big sprocket and
what type of cable did you use.  I've checked the hardware stores around me
and can't find any similar cable nor a way to fasten the ends if I had the
cable.  Thanks for taking the time to assist!

  I used crimp on cable ends and a plastic coated cable.  We are fortunate to
have several really excellent hardware stores locally who had what I needed;
the one where I actually got it was part of the Ace Hardware chain.

  This was about 8 years ago, so I'm sorry I don't remember the exact sizes.
I took a length of the original cable to the store with me and measured it
against the store stock.  I had a cable end crimper from a previous job, but
you could make do with what's in your tool box.

  Good luck.  The job drove me crazy until I had the flash of insight.  That
monkey-motion winding around the pulleys is not something in which an aging
English Major wishes to specialize, but might be duck soup for an engineering
type.  Might not.

  I also took the opportunity to thoroughly lubricate everything with
motorcycle chain lubricant.

  Peace,
  Joe