Window regulator repair

    Does anyone have a driver's side window regulator they'll sell me?
If not, perhaps someone can lend their experience in repairing one of
these contraptions.  My cable broke right where it crimps up front.  If
I can't find a replacement, I'd love to be able to find some wire and
rewire it if at all possible but I don't know how to go about doing it.
Thanks in advance!

Repairing, even upgrading a window regulator is an exercise for the Alfa
Grasshopper, stocked by a good hardware store.  I've done it a couple of
times, replacing broken cables with new, better coated cable.  A good thing to
know is that the reel on the regulator is ratcheted so you can get everything
set, then turn the reel to tighten it.

Remove the opposite side door panel to puzzle out the pattern of the windings,
and let the beer wait until the door is done.  This may take longer than you
want to wait for the beer.

Peace,
Joe
Portland, OR