Re:Clutch Bleed Quite Baffling!

Jason,

This sounds like the classic "time to rebuild the master cylinder" symptom.  My guess is that it is just coincidental that your slave cyl. failed at more or less the same time.  I've experienced this many many times on various Alfas, on both clutch and brake cylinders. My theory has been that slow pedel depression will allow the fluid to leak past the rubber seals inside the master cyl. but slamming the pedal tends to expand the seals enough to push the fluid.  Rebuilding the cylinder (new seals and light honing)has always worked for me.

John

New slave installed and despite several attenpts at bleeding the system,
I still get no pressure until....I slam the pedal down fast. What the
hell is going on?
---