Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 18:22:18 -0800
From: "jason.glover" <jason.glover@domain.elided>
Subject: Clutch Bleed Quite Baffling!

"A few weeks back the clutch hydraulic system on my '76 spider ran
completely out of fluid while I was out driving.
I was able to get home by adding fluid, and even drove the car a few
times while I was waiting for the new slave cylinder to arrive. I
noticed if I let the clutch pedal all the way up (foot off the pedal)
the next time I depressed the pedal there was zero resistance. The only
way to get resistance back was to literally slam my foot down on the
pedal. Then it worked ok so long as I kept my foot slightly on the
pedal.
New slave installed and despite several attenpts at bleeding the system,
I still get no pressure until....I slam the pedal down fast. What the
hell is going on?
Any feedback would be appreciated."

Thanks,

Jason G.