SB 708 as a hoax

Hi,

It's not a hoax. You can go to the State Senate web site and read the proposed amendment complete with strike-outs.

http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/bill/sen/sb_0701-0750/sb_708_bill_20030221_introduced.html

I have e-mailed the Senator twice. Once to ask him to reconsider and a second time to ask him to tell me what prompted him to propose the amendment in the first place. I can't figure out who will benefit from it, unless he's trying to keep a string of smog check stations from going under. I haven't had any reply.

So...I have sent an e-mail to every Senator whose district is close to mine and asked them to vote against it. Hope it works.

Steve Smith
Carlsbad, CA