Porterfield

I also found the Mintex wear very fast, but I do not remember which compound
I used (it was a high-performance compound recommended by store).

I've tried Ferodo metal, they need to heat up so are hard to use on the
street. Plus, I'm not sure I run hard enough to keep them hot on track.

I tried several other brands, but settled on Carbon Kevlar over ten years
ago.

I've used the Carbon Kevlar pads from Porterfield in a 74 GTV, 87 Milano and
Montreal.

The R4-S worked great for ALFA club events. I felt they were the best all
around pad I've used.

You can use the R4-S compound all the time or change them in and out for
track events.

I no longer consider other pads, if I'm running club events, I get the R4-S
compound. Since I'm not racing, I don't seek the very last advantage. If I
raced, I would try the Porterfield R-4S, R-4 or R-4E.

Mike Nakamura
7414 337th PL SE
Fall City WA 98024 USA
(425) 222-3982