Re: Garage lighting

I am about to purchase some light fixtures for the new garage and was
wondering what other options I might have.
I like to see what I'm doing in my garage. I have a double 40w flouro in the middle of the roof, and a single 40w over my workbench. At the far end I have a 250w halogen floodlight pointing 30 - 45deg from horizontal (I adjust it depending on which end I'm working at) and a 150w metal halide that either hangs above my workbench, or at either end of the garage. The metal halide provides a brilliant-white light similar to sunlight. It makes welding easier as it illuminates the area just enough to see through a welding mask.
If I was fitting out a garage with lights, I'd seriously look into them. The main drawback is their warmup time, takes about a minute to get to full brightness.
Another advantage is that plants love their light spectrum, keeps my orchids happy :)

Josh