Milano Mod's?

Let's change the modification thread a little and add some Alfa content ...

I'm in the process of removing a Milano engine from a customer's car for a
complete engine overhaul.

The owner of this car is a bit of a fanatic and a nut. The car already has a
lowered and beefed up suspension, 15x7 panasports, and Shankle exhaust
headers.

I'm looking for suggestions as to further mods while it is apart. I'm
thinking that I'll have the engine balanced while it is apart, possibly some
slightly hotter cams, probably have the heads ported and polished, and am
looking for other (reasonable) suggestions.

This is a car that is driven enthusiastically mostly on the street, although
it does see occasional track use.

I think a 164s engine or a motec fuel injection system is a little beyond
the scope of this project, but you never know ...

Let the ideas fly, I'm all ears :-)

Thanks,

Jeff