Alfa Romeo Mechanic In Orlando

>>Back when we lived in Orlando in the early 90's, we had our Spider
serviced by European Sportscar at 850 N. Highway 17-92 in Longwood.  My wife
was particularly impressed with Giovanni who always took the time to
thoroughly explain what and why he was doing something.  I think it is (was)
a family business, and if I recall, they were ex-factory mechanics.

**************************

I doubt it has changed much, probably grown with Orlando.  What a great
family place.  I haven't taken a car there since 1989, but I'm certain it is
still full of spoken Italian, still spotless and beautiful, and that you
still need a registered check for work over $700--at least the first time or
two.

I recall that several of the mechanics had shortened fingers, perhaps nipped
off by hungry Ferrari's and Fiats.

A friend, Nick, who provided drop-off and pick-up service for my Spider
(usually, the unfortunate '80.  The  current '82 has been bullet proof),
used to joke that Giovanni or Mario would say, "Steve, I can fix-a your car,
but it's going to cost me a little bit of my finger.  It's going to be
expensive, Steve.  You need to know that."

Steve Morgan
82 Spider (running great!)
91 164S (looking great!)