Re: the Autodeltas

well, i haven't seen the 166 in the flesh, so i cannot comment
accurately as to its appearance.  i *do* know that i prefer the looks of
the 156, at least in pics.

re: fwd, yup, it's a matter of principle - i wouldn't spend that kinda
money on a fwd car.  assuming i *had* that kinda money to spend on a
car!  ;~)  but, it also is based a bit upon experience.  of all the
alfas i've driven & owned, the 164 is the only one i do not really care
for.  and its feel due to it being fwd is one of the main reasons.    it
*is* certainly a pleasure to cruise the interstates at 110+ mph in this
car, but that is not the majority of the driving i do...  oh, and re:
the size thing - our 164 is the sedon idea of a suv or mini-van - it's
positively huge!  its family nickname is *the whale*...

to each his own...

doug s.