Hamlet's Dilemma

Ah, the old "to modify or not to modify" question. At one point I was well known about these parts as being firmly in the "leave it stock" camp. However, over time I've changed my view somewhat. I still strongly believe that the hotrod approach taken by, say, the chevy or honda crowd does not work well with these cars. However, I do understand that some compromises were made in the interests of mass production, and technology has definitely progressed in the past thirty years.

So I'm looking to make improvements that were either impractical during mass production (porting, polishing, blueprinting, frame stiffening) or are the result of new technologies (modern tires, improved bushings, gas-charged shocks, etc.)

But it's my opinion, my car, your opinion, your car. Have fun, but if you break your car while 'rodding it up, don't come crying to me! :)

Scott Johnson
Alfa Spider FAQ Author
71 1750 Spider