Alfa (Spider) main battery wire size

Anne O went into a great deal of detail some time ago regarding what
main battery wire to use (and not use) on one's Alfa.

She said, "Don't use welding wire, do use marine type wire."

I just received West Marine's catalog. While not critical at the moment,
I was wondering if the appropriate size is a #1 or a #2 (or?). The #1's
apparently come in 50' rolls only, whereas one can buy a 25' roll in #2.

Have only skimmed the pages, but feel this might be a great (free)
resource for Alfa folk - especially the racer boy types.

Anne / anyone have you installed one of their battery 'trays' (there's a
top and bottom) in an Alfa (trunk mounted type battery) Spider? If so,
did it take much modifying and what battery size did you end up using?

Biba
(Yo hoo hoo and a bottle of rum in) Irwindale, CA USA