Re: New Maseratis?

Your analogy is not accurate to the topic. New Maseratis are not badged as
Ferraris so there is no confusion with branding. The difference here is that
Ferrari is responsible for Maserati operations, and that should add
credibility to construction quality, performance and reliability, and
therefore stronger resale values.

A more relevent analogy would be the new Range Rover (engineered by BMW),
and the new Mini Cooper (also engineered by BMW). The jury is still out on
the new Bentleys engineered by VW, the new Lamborghinis engineered by
Audi/VW. And as a contrast, blue-collar Ford has improved Aston Martin and,
mostly, Jaguar (the X-Type may need some work).

Porschephiles, those died-in-the-wool traditionalists that makeup a small
minority of total customer demographics, will never accept any Porsche model
that deviates from the 911. The Boxster and Cayenne are no exception. The
944 Turbo is one of the best sports cars you can buy for club racing, and
the 928S4 is a classic GT optimized for autobahn journeys. But try telling
that to a hardcore 911 owner.

Jim