Re: alfa-digest V9 #277

Apples and oranges. Two entirely different market segments. For instance, I would love to have an AWD 'boy-rally-car' but wouldn't buy an SUV if they were the only cars on earth (and the way things are going, that's not nearly as far-fetched as it sounds). I don't want AWD for traction in the snow or mud, I want one for HANDLING. A word which is in no truck-based SUV's vocabulary. NOBODY who contemplates a hot rally car-derived Focus is going to mistake the car for a mini SUV. \

George Graves
'86 GTV-6

On Tuesday, Feb 18, 2003, at 12:18 US/Pacific, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 06:30:12 -0500
From: Dana Loomis <dloomis@domain.elided>
Subject: re: Ford Focus Rally

There is no reason why, that any one can can
come up with, anyway, Ford does not sell their AWD WRC version of the
Focus here in the States.
I can come up with one. Everyone who buys an AWD car because of the
improved traction that configuration offers is a person who might have
bought a 4WD SUV, but didn't. Do the math: Ford makes more money on the SUV.