RE: Stebro for Alfa

He told me that the worst were for the
164 which took about 8-hours to install, and the  2000 GTV through '74,
which takes him about 5 hours to get right. Also be advised that
Stebros are made in Canada, not in Italy (as I believed) but they are
definitely well made and are of 100% U.S. grade heavy STAINLESS STEEL,
which is even better than the original factory system. The Ansa, though
better finished, are probably so well finished because they ARE NOT
STAINLESS, they are just regular 16 Ga galvanized. I suspect that
without the paint, they'd rust through pretty quickly and because GTV-6
exhausts make a lot of water when the car is cold (cold exhaust system
condensing water vapor in exhaust gases), I think one wouldn't last
more than a couple of years. So, in a nutshell: Ansas are prettier, but
won't last as long. Stebros are harder to fit (not DIY), yield a better
sound, and being high quality stainless, will likely last indefinitely.
One more thing: Neither came with any hardware, so if you break
something getting the old exhaust system out, you'll need to supply
your own new hardware as well as a new exhaust joint gasket. I hope
this answers everyone's questions

George Graves
'86 GTV-6

George et al,

I do agree that the stebro sounds somewhat more aggressive than the ansa
but it really isn't that difficult to put the stebro on the 164. Both my
father and I have 164s. His is running with the stebro, mine with the
ansa (father/son thing gotta be different `;)  It took me ~ 30 min to do
each one the stebro laid nice and flat meshed nicely with the flange the
ansa did the same but at a slight angle. I don't know what he (your
mechanic) would do for 8 hours (unless its was really rusted or frozen)
but it is definitely a DIY project. If anybody has any ?s on the process
please email me

Keith Strini