Re[2]: Johnson book

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:06:09 -0500 Dana Loomis <dloomis@domain.elided> wrote:

> Andrew Watry offered a book for sale:
> >In further clearing out my bookcase, I have an almost perfect copy of
> Alan
> >Johnson, "Driving in Competition," 3d edition 1976, for sale.

> It's an excellent book, highly recommended.  And you can't beat Andrew's
> price.

Andrew constrasted it to Bondurant, quite frankly i think Johnson's book is
better and more important in many regards. Johnson introduced the Type
I/II/II turn analysis which is now taught at most reputable driving
schools. most of the book is still very relevant, although the discussion
of safety gear does date it a bit.

well worth having in any good library about racing and driving technique.

richard