Re: Ford Focus Rally

That's not exactly true. Winston cup Racers have NOTHING in common with the cars that they are supposed to represent, not even the body shell which is carbon fiber and plastic. At least the Rally cars start with real Peugeot, Citroen, Subaru, Ford, and Mitsubishi body/chassis shells. As far as these cars being purpose-built half-million dollar race cars, yes, they are, and who said or intimated that they weren't? We were not talking about race cars, we're talking about the street legal rally car knock-offs that Subaru, Mitsubishi, Peugeot and, apparently, Ford builds. There is no reason why, that any one can can come up with, anyway, Ford does not sell their AWD WRC version of the Focus here in the States. If Ford sold their WRC knock-off here in the States, it would likely cost somewhere around the same price as the Subaru Imprezza WRC, and certainly no more than the Mitsubishi EV-7. OK, so it won't have the stiffness of a real rally car chassis. It won't have the brakes, it won't have the paddle-shifter (the consumer ones aren't that good anyway. The best is the Italian one used in Alfa Romeos, Maseratis and Ferraris, but that one is nowhere near as good as the ones used in race cars.). But it would have AWD, up-rated brakes and suspension, possibly a turbo giving it well over 200 HP, and would be a blast to drive. After all, that's what its all about, no?

George Graves
'86 GTV-6