powerflex bushings in a Milano

> >Hi guys,
> >
> >I installed the powerflex upper A-arm bushing on my Milano. Install was
> >of course easy because it is split in half. However, after a few
> >hundred miles the bushings have split apart! Has anyone installed these
> >bushings, and what was the solution to avoid this? I'm thinking of just
> >installing the stock bushings and taking the polys out. Kind of
> >disappointing really. Is there a workaround to this?

As I recommended, you should add washers on the sides to prevent this. It
doesn't take much to overcome this unique situation on the V6 car
application. Most bushings are sandwiched between two other pieces so it
isn't an issue, this is a different situation.

Bill Harkell
PowerFlex polyurethane for Alfa Romeos
AlfaBill LLC
Tampa Florida USA