V6 Broken piston rings

Score to date: 4 pistons removed, 3 broken top piston rings, 1 broken oil ring.

It was time for tea, so I didn't get to the last two. They will wait till tomorrow. But what the hell did the previous owner do cause that kind of damage? Thankfully the rod journals seem perfectly fine, and the liners are not scored.

I think I figured out why my engine was making the noise it was making.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org