Running on burger 'n fry grease

I find it interesting that this subject has come up and is an issue in GB.
There was a gal, I think from Berkeley, CA, who decided to protest the oil
biz by driving her reconfigured car (a VW van, I think) across the country on
Soybean oil.  I love this idea, as most of middle America farms soybeans, it
is clean burning and when the oil is burned, it smells like French fries.  I
would have to agree that this would be the totally logical way to go for
future oil, but it doesn't sit well with our government either.  Anyway, I
wonder if you could convert an Alfa to burn soybean oil.  Imagine how cheap
that would be and you could just go to the local supermarket and stock up
while grocery shopping.

Also, I just purchased ANOTHER spider.  It is an '86, with only 36K on it,
red and in fairly good condition, over all.  I got it for $4,538.  It was
interesting to see how different this year is from my '84 and with only two
years between them.  I thought this was a good price.  What do any of you
think?  Just interested in the general consensus.

Eric