Running on burger 'n fry grease

At 9:21 PM +0000 2/8/03, alfa-digest wrote:
Anyway, I
wonder if you could convert an Alfa to burn soybean oil.  Imagine how cheap
that would be and you could just go to the local supermarket and stock up
while grocery shopping.
I'm not familiar with the soybean approach, but this wacky old professor I know who does bigtime research on "biodiesel" says that spark-ignition engines could be run on sunflower oil, but he doesn't see the point because he thinks that compression-ignition engines are the way of the future.

Hmm, this thread is making me hungry--time for lunch.

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV6