Re: Help- 95 LS Alternator issue?

Last summer I replaced battery and rebuilt alternator on my '94 LS
with 110K.
The voltage was dropping after the alternator got hot to the 12-13
volt range.
Note I got the alternator rebuilt for approx $170 vs. new $300-$400.

--- Nicky Avery <nicky@domain.elided> wrote:
> >no signs
> >of low battery.
> >

> Bob,
>
> How long have you had this problem? If the alternator seems to be
> OK,
> sniff the trunk for a smell of battery acid (not too close!) and
> check
> the battery for heat after a journey.
>
> I just had to replace both battery and alternator after one
> finished off
> the other (not sure which) but the process took over a week from
> the
> first sign of stalling at idle before the battery fumes penetrated
> the
> bulkhead into the car. My LS had about 103K at the time.
>
> Nicky
> --
> to be removed from alfa, see
> /bin/digest-subs.cgi

=====
Colin Verrilli
Apex, NC USA
Alfa 164 Home Page Editor: /alfa/FAQ/164
MAARC Home Page Editor: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2380
http://mailplus.yahoo.com