Braided steel lines

Hi,

I have a couple questions regarding braided steel lines. I know that it has been discussed that dirt can work it's way into the braid and that's why they're technically not street legal. What about using some sort of sheathing like heat shrink tubing to keep out the dirt ?

Also, has anyone ever used braided hose for the flexline to the clutch slave cylinder ? This piece seems to be exposed to a lot of leaking oil. This would degrade the rubber, wouldn't it ?

All input welcome.

Ciao,

Dan
67 Duetto