Re: spider anti-theft

> Just don't assume that you car is any less likely to get stolen, because a
simple
> disconnect is really no problem for a thief, nor is an alarm, or lowjack,
or anything else.
> These guys make literally millions of dollars doing this---don't you think
they would know
> how to get past all the tricks and gadgets out on the market?

Again, no disrespect intended with this response.  A quick look at the "top
stolen cars list" suggests there's not much chance the guy trying to heist a
spider (at least in the US) will be a pro.  Probably 99% of cars stolen are
due to the demand for parts, that's why the cars at risk are Honda and
Toyota sedans, and SUV's and full-size pickups.  It's a short trip to the
chop-shop and presto! -- your family truckster is headed to all points on
the compass to repair someone else's accident.

The remainder of thefts are probably pretty evenly divided between joyriders
and someone looking for quick cash -- think substance abuser.  These are
probably the people who would think a car you don't have to unlock would be
a good opportunity, and I'll bet they won't spend much time trying to
diagnose why there's no power.  Even if they do get past the battery
disconnect, the joke is still on them -- the buyer at "Fast Eddie's
No-Questions Auto Market" will probably look at the car and mumble "Alfa
Romero?  Ain't dat one a dem finicky furrin' cars?  No tanks, bub, go get me
a Caddy. . ."

Tony