Re: alternatives to Hagerty Classic Insurance?

> Anyway, it seems there are other companies out there that will be more
than
> happy to insure both my '74 and '87 as pleasure cars, with premiums
ranging
> from $156 - 209/year for the pair.  Has anyone used any of these
> companies:  Great American Classic Collector's, American Collector's,
> Leland West, Grundy, or Parish Heacock?   Please share your experiences
> with the Digest, and I'll need coverage in the next few weeks, so I'll be
> watching, too.

Dean,
I posed a similar question to this digest and some of my BMW resources about
a year ago.  Grundy received several positive endorsements, but I can't say
if they'll be any more welcoming to your '87 car.  There was another company
recommended by someone in Cali (possibly Andrew Watry?).  I have 2 cars
insured through Hagerty -- a '74 GTV and a '70 BMW 2800 CS.  My daily
drivers are a '92 Jetta and an '88 Montero, and I had no resistance from
Hagerty when I applied.  Might be a surprise awaiting me when I try to
renew. . .

Tony