New Alfa Website

(don't worry this isn't another quasi-alfa spam)

I've been invovled with Alfas for a while now. The internet and especially the Alfa Digest have been invaluable in helping me maintain my addition. The problem is that finding this information has often been a pain. Even worse, although I've learned a lot about Alfas, writing the necessary webpages to share that information has been to much of a pain to bother. I'm probably not alone in that respect, plus all the people that don't have a webserver to host their content and/or lack the HTML skills to do it.

I'm a computer guy, have my own server and free bandwidth. I believed I should be able to do something about it. We recently started using a Wiki at work, and I thought it might be the answer.

So I've created an Alfa Wiki at: http://alfa.denovich.org

What's a Wiki?

A Wiki is a community website that _you_ can add to/edit. A Wiki uses a simple shorthand (way easier than HTML) that makes it easy to add content and link to other sites. It doesn't need any special tools, just a browser. You can even upload photos and other files to share.

Right now there's not a lot on the site. Although, I hope someday that it will be a worthy complement to the Alfa Digest. I think by it's nature the Wiki serves a different purpose. I certainly don't intend for it to compete with the digest.

I encourage you to try it out and see what you think. I'll be adding my own content over the next few weeks, and I hope others will do the same. Feel free to edit what is there too. If you have your own existing content and would like me to link to it, or wouldn't mind sharing it send me and email (or better yet, add it yourself, that's the idea.)

DISCLAIMER: I have no commercial interest in this site, just an addiction to Alfas, and a debt to repay to the community for all the help I have received. You only need to register to add/edit content, and I don't do anything with that data. The registration step serves only to make vandalizing/abusing the site just a bit harder.

Feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

--Mark Denovich
a bunch of alfas