cylinder head work

My 79 spider needs a cylinder head job. I don't trust any of the local
people around Columbia SC, so I will be sending it out of state. It seems
that I have a choice between Sperry, Centerline, IAP and Vick Autosports.
The cost for a basic valves, guides etc is in the range $499 at Centerline
to $575 at Vickauto.
I would like to hear from anyone who has first hand experience with any of
these vendors, particularly any very good or bad experiences.

I may have the choice of having my own head rebuilt or getting an exchange.
Is it better to stay with my own so that I can keep the camshaft caps
matched to the head, or is this not a big deal? The turnaround on getting my
own head done is an extra couple of weeks.

I plan to use a pair of Euro cams that are presently installed in a 1750
motor. Should the caps stay matched to the head or to the camshaft journals?
I plan to keep the cam followers matched to the cam lobes. Am I missing
anything?

Thanks,
Ed Prytherch, Columbia SC
1979 Spider