Re: exhaust studs

Anthony writes:

> Can anyone tell me what the best way to reinstall studs is?
> Say, exhaust manifold studs?
> I've never had to replace studs before.

I had to replace a couple on the GTV.  I just double-nutted the manifold end
of the stud with some regular steel nuts of a matching thread pitch, and put
a little thread locker on the end going in the head to help keep it in
place.  A stud wrench won't really work on these because the entire shaft is
threaded save a small (like 3mm) section in the middle.

Tony