Re: Oil capacity

Gil writes:

> My question is how many quarts of oil are
> needed to fill the crankcase assuming I also change the oil filter?

Should take about 7.5 quarts.

> Also, a Fram PH8A fits nicely in place of the short oil filter that was
> there and extends slightly beyond the crankcase to allow use of a
> standard filter wrench from beneath.

I like their "Suregrip" filters, they have black crinkly paint with some
grit in it on the end, makes it easy to twist 'em by hand.  I've been using
PH16's, not sure what the collective wisdom is on using an oversized filter.

Tony
74 GTV 2000 (and other greasy stuff too)