camshaft locking tabs

Kind Alfisti,

Locking tabs for the camshaft nuts -- what do people do about these?
I've asked around all my usual suppliers in New Zealand, and none of them have been able to help me.  Apparently the tabs are no longer available from Alfa.  Mine are starting to split, so need replacing before the tabs break of and fall into my engine.

Have other people found them to be NLA?  Should I just make some from sheet metal?

Regards,
Anthony
'85 116 Giulietta