Re: Rear Sway Bar Bushings

> I  had the same problem with OEM Alfa Rear Sway Bar Bushings.
> The new bushings slip right over the sway bar end without any
> resistance.
> My mechanic friend told me not to install the sway bar until I can
> figure out how to securely mount the sway bar links to the sway bar.  I
> was thinking about drilling the end & Tapping it but due to a
> similar experience with the Front Sway Bar (this time IAP Bushings).
> None of my Drill Bits would drill into the sway bar,  I think the steel
> is hardened.

Not that this will help anyone make loose bushing fit, but as a point of
reference, I replaced my front sway bushings last winter.  The new ones are
from IAP (their P/N 91020, for the 1750 and 2000 through '74).  They had to
be pressed on, they fit just like the nasty old ones I took off.  Front bar
is definitely stock dimension, can't swear to its originality.

Tony