KYB shocks on 115 cars

Before I got the Konis I had a set of KYB shocks on the rear.  The
problem is that the KYB shocks offer some pretty significant resistance
to compression all by themselves (we measured at 35-40 lbs), which, when
put into the car, made the rear springs stiffer.  Not a good thing when
the rear springs are comparatively "soft" anyway.  IIRC, the KYB shocks
that are used for 115 cars are actually spec'ed for a Dodge Caravan or
some such.  I have no experience with Bilsteins, but the OEM shocks were
hydraulic, like SACHS or Konis, so unless I was advised otherwise by
someone knowledgeable, I'd stay away from gas shocks.

Bill Bain
Assistant General Counsel
McKESSON Information Solutions Inc.
5995 Windward Pkwy.