GTV6 alternator problem--question 2

Hi again,

My '86 GTV6 has about 140K on it.  I don't know if the alternator has ever
been replaced or worked on.  For the past few months, the batter light on
the dash regularly glows red, especially with the radio, fan, or wipers on.
Under 1500 or so RPMs the radio won't even work at all.  The fan works great
but the wipers and windows are slooooooooooow.

Last time I had it looked at my mechanic tightened the alternator belt and
it was apparently given reading correct voltage.

I'm wondering if the alternator is finally about to bite the dust and should
I just go ahead and get a new/rebuilt one?

Thanks,

Kit
Seattle
'86 GTV6