GTV6 clutch problem--question 1

Hi all,

I experienced something new with my GTV6 this morning.  I was at a stop
light and as I went to engage the clutch pedal, it seemed to sink in further
than usual.  I disengaged it, then pushed it back in and the pressure was
"normal."  The same thing happened at the next light but by the time I got
downtown (10 min later) everything was again back to normal.

Any thoughts?  Is the clutch going?  When I turn the car off and it's not in
gear with the clutch pedal engaged I get a rumbling from the back of the
car.  My mechanic told me that's a sign that the clutch has a lot of wear on
it.

Thanks!

Kit
Seattle