Re: Battery terminals

I always took off whatever terminal was most convient. The only
point to removing the negative cable, that I can see, is not
sparking if the wrench hits the body when disconnecting the
terminal. Also,removing only one cable insures that you will not
mix up reinstallation.

 However the ground cable will spark when going back on if there
is a short or current draw from an "always on" system,so it does
not insure you a spark free experience.

What did the manuals say on old positive ground cars? What was
the theory behind the use of positive ground and why was it
supplanted by negative ground? (my latest project has all
positive ground systems).

Anne o