From: John Fielding
Date: Sunday, 12 January 2003 10:04:09 PM
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: Which battery lead to disconnect?

Esteemed Digestables,

I have often been puzzled by books recommending one to disconnect the
negative lead from
the battery before working on the vehicle. I have tried to fathom out the
logic why it
must be the negative lead and not the positive. If any one has a definitive
article which
explains why this should be so I would appreciate knowing about it.

I have an alternative theory, but I would like to get some other opinions
before
disclosing what it is.

John
Durban
South Africa
Alfetta 1.8L turbo - now fitted with a Megasquirt MKII EFI controller!