Re: Metric wheels alfa-digest V9 #169

As far as I know the only metric wheels built were for the Michelin TRX tire. This was a bone head idea to take advantage of a radical new tire technology. If these are the wheels you are thinking of (the TRX tire being virtually unobtainable now) then the profile of the rim needs to be changed as well. Standard wheels not only have standard diameters to fit standard manufactured tires, they also have a particular lip profile to match said tires (that's the letter designation in the rim nomenclature, "J" being the current version).

If there are other metric wheels out there I'd like to know.

Cheers

Michael

Michael Smith
White 1991 164L