Alfas (and We) are Orphans

<Paul in Charlotte wrote:  "I don't mean to sound TOO discouraged, but
without this list, I swear, I'd feel almost totally alone, and I think
that's a shame.">

I write:  I agree totally with the statement and the sentiment.  When I
think of the first impression I got from driving my Alfa Spider two
years ago, top down, gauge needles rising with the music from the back,
the gorgeous wood of the dished steering wheel, the goosebumps come
back.  I immediately thought how "just right" the transmission and
clutch felt and how my hand rose effortlessly to the shifter.

I have a great appreciation for for the Digest, and the service IAP
provides  -- they've treated me right.  I'm sure Vick's and AR Ricambi
and Spider Point are fine outfits; I just haven't dealt with them yet.
Sitting down at my computer after dinner and checking in with the Digest
seems to be the most relaxation I routinely and reliably get.

But seeing the old British cars extolled in the magazines and knowing
how mundane they are in comparison just leaves me baffled.  And when I
compare my Alfa with my experience owning a Triumph, Mazda, Ford and
Chevy, and a couple of Toyotas, it makes me regretful, and curious:  How
could what we daily experience be so cut off from majority reality?

Okay.  I feel better.  I'll stop before someone reaches for a violin.

Doug in Richmond

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of dharris.vcf]