Re: 1991 Spider starting

I know that this is NOT the case on my GTV6, and even if it were, a relay would still be handy, since the same amount of current is going through the switch regardless of which side of the drop it's on. (My GTV6 doesn't have a relay, if that helps--I didn't read the original post.)

--On Thursday, January 9, 2003 10:28 PM +0000 alfa-digest <owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided> wrote:

Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 10:56:48 -0600
From: "Jason Hagen" <hagen_jason1@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: 1991 Spider Veloce Starter Problem - help

I believe the ignition switch actually completes the ground, rather than
supplying any voltage.  The voltage (I am pretty sure) is already wired
direct to the starter and the solenoid.  This is why there would be no
relay! I am not at my vehicle or manuals to confirm, but I believe this
to  be the case for almost all starting systems, including the Spiders.

My apologies to all if I am off on this...