Re: Speaker recommendations for GTV6?

The stock speakers should have been 5" round, and Polk Audio makes the
EX350, which is a pretty good unit.  Nothing breathtaking, but for the
street price of around $75/pr., they're not bad at all.  If cost is a major,
major issue, and sound quality is second, there is a pair of MAS (?!) 5"
coaxials on eBay right now for $15.

The 5" size is fairly unusual, so your options will be somewhat limited.
I'm not sure what the speaker location is like, but it might be worth seeing
if you have the room to open them up a bit to accept 5.25" units.  That will
swing the door wide open in terms of choices, and also give you the
opportunity (if you wish) to mount some good component speakers, with
directional tweeters up on the dash or on the door panel.

I still haven't mounted a steree in my own Alfa mind you - the headers and
sport exhaust are all the music I need tight now - but at some point I
probably will...

Hope that helps,

Paul Misencik
Creative Director