Re: alfa-digest V9 #139

I am using Marelli Plex ignition on a 73 gtv. Since buying the car 5 months
ago, I have gone through 2 new ignition control modules! The first one
lasted one week and I put its failure down to a faulty unit, but a second
unit has just failed. I am fitting it with the heat dispersion contact
grease as supplied. On both occasions the failure has occurred after I have
stopped the car - when I go back to start it again it doesn't start. The
only other electrical peculiarity is that sometimes my headlights are very
bright for short periods of time (voltage regulator malfunction?) - not sure
if this may be connected but I thought that I would throw out the
information. Any suggestions what might have caused the failings of the
control module would be greatly appreciated. I would love to avoid the
replacement of unit number 3.
Thanks in advance,
Fraser