RE: TIRE WEAR

Fred,
The front wheels are the ones that are wearing, its like someone took a
knife to them with a 45 degree angle on both the insides.

Factory spec is 4 deg toe out. 1 was measured at 4 deg (worst wear),
other was 1.5 deg ( nearly as bad wear).

Rear tyres seem fine.

Tire shop suggested 0 to 2 degrees would be better, and I should watch
them.

Why do the rear's need setting to zero too ?

What effect does all this on the handling, as I don't want to ruin the
fantastic driving experience of my alfa?

Could Camber have any effect on this, and is it adjustable on 1990's
cars ?

What I haven't told you so far, is it's a 166 3.0, but its similar to
the 164 in a lot of ways.

Thanks and regards
David.