6 Alfas

When the first V6s came out we had head gasket problems because they were not one-piece and since the factory had overstocked on that type they thought it was less costly to replace under warranty the same damned type. Then they woke up and used the new one-piece type like Porche used.
Failures were guaranteed when they were used again.
Now as far as I'm concerned, Many of the problems encountered by those who did their own repairs or by a back yard mechanic or independent "so called" Alfa shop, asked for high cost lousy repairs. I'll admit a few authorized Alfa Dealerships had rotten help from bottom up. Unfortunately, few were gven the names and addresses of the good shops. Most all members of AROC got valuable help and still do. Fred Di Matteo AROC Technical Advisor, in Florida