Re: Cylinder O-rings - Tom in Seattle - Another option

I beleive the square-cut, GM-sourced, O-rings discussed were Chevy valve stem seals, to be used as Alfa 4-cylinder head oil seals (on the 6 roll pins), not piston liner seals. If yes, they are Chevy small block V8 valve stem seals, pre-'86, NAPA (old) part #B45229 or (new) part #216-1003.

Regards,

Dean
'74 & '87 Spiders
Heh.. well Tom, somebody didn't lose the trail! ;-)

I'm not sure, but I would suspect somebody sells separate liner seal O-rings.. I had to get one once, to be on the safe side when I tried turning the crank without liner holders and lifted #3.

The fairly obvious important part is to not nick or cut them as the liner goes back in the block.. as well as making sure the seat in the block is clean and smooth. Otherwise, you'll have that deja vu feeling all over again after you find the water in the oil...

Jon
77 Spider