Is it a "76 or a "77 - confused

All:

A little help here....my spider has a birth date of 8/76. I have always
thought it was a 77 model. But after doing some research I am not sure. In
the Chris Reed Spider book he talks about the cat warning light which was
featured on the 77's. I don't have one? Hum? The serial number is a 77 model
number. It looks like it was the 853rd built for that year. Thoughts?

Fred Wright

NWARC

77 Spider

85 GTV-6