From: "Maurice Marvi" <maurice@domain.elided>
To: <alfa-digest@domain.elided>
Subject: New (to me) Spider
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 09:15:28 -0500

After 2 years of "Searching For Another", I took delivery of an 81
Spider in fair shape. I have 2 questions:

What books/Manuals should I get? I'm guessing the Shop Manual, and
the Spica Guide. What else for the mostly checkbook mechanic?

The motor has poor compression (according to the seller) in 2
cylinders. It ptobably needs rings (Again the seller). I think I
can smell gas in the oil. What can I do as a checkbook mechanic to
diagnose the problem?

Thanks

Mo in NJ