Re: alfa-digest V9 #120

---------------------

Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 17:52:36 -0700
From: alfacybersite <acs@domain.elided>
Subject: '69 Spider w/ 2 liter engine

Okay, does one order the 1750 exhaust system to put in the above, or a
Series Two (2 liter) exhaust system?

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

Sorry, Biba, I will not answer your question.

I have '66 Euro Spider which has been evolved to a dedicated race car with a 2L engine.

This car had a mechanical clutch linkage. The mating of an appropriate exhaust headers with the 2L in the '66 was nightmarish. We found it impossible to find anyone who had a suitable header set. If I had known this earlier, I would have installed an hydraulic clutch system. We are still looking for very well made and designed headers which will fit and which are better than what I now have fitted.

Best wishes,

David