Switched electric power on '72 Spider for Radio

Hello everyone,

I am new to the list, so let me introduce myself quickly - my name is
Jonathan, and I've got a 1972 Spider 1300 Junior, and I live in the
UK.

My car currently doesn't have a radio installed - although the
presence of front speakers indicates one in its 30-year past.  I want
to install a radio/ CD (probably hidden to avoid upsetting the
aesthetics of the dash (which on the Junior retained the 60s Duetto
style metal dash).  It will probably find its home in the cubby-hole
(glove compartment).

My issue is power.  I would ideally like to have both constant and
switched power going to the radio.  Looking at my ignition switch
last night - there appear to be 3 wires currently coming out of it
(red, black and brown).

THere are also 3 or 4 empty connectors that could take a spade
connector.  When the ignition is on - these give 12V positive.

My question is then - is it OK to run a wire from the ignition switch
directly to my radio to provide switched positive?  Or will that do
something wierd (like draw power from the ignition coil, starter,
etc. which are connected to the ignition switch).

For the constant power - I was planning on running a lead directly
from one of the fuses (which are inside the cabin).  Any one in
particular recommended (e.g. the heater fan / or other ...)?

Thanks for your advice.  I realise the electrics on old Italian cars
weren't the most solid to begin with - so don't want to put any more
strain than I need to...

Regards,
Jonathan